brideclick 2

Golden Quilled Cake

I've always been fascinated by quilling. The idea of taking simple strips of paper and transforming them into 3D art is just so cool to me. And I must admit, my Graphic & Glitz dessert table still has gold food on my mind. Imagine my joy when I found this Sweet and Saucy cake that combines the art of quilling with edible gold. In case you're not familiar with quilling, here are a few examples.
On an unrelated note, I'd like to thank all of you for your kind words and positive responses to my latest dessert table. Several of you have asked for info about how I made the chalkboard cookies, and I'll try to put together a tutorial soon. Some of you have also asked where you can buy the chevron patterned favor bags. I designed them myself, so unfortunately they aren't available in stores. I'm gearing up for wedding season, so things are a little bit hectic right now, but I'll definitely put that on my to-do list. I'm so glad you guys liked my Graphic & Glitz design!

quilling examples via FFFT

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!!!

andrea kathryn said...

I just blogged about Yulia on my other blog... LOVE quilling (probably stems from my Martha obsession) and she takes it to an entirely new level! How nifty is a quilled cake? Brilliant find :)

This is the link if you want to know more about her (Yulia Brodskaya is the woman who did the paper quilling of the bird, old woman and the book cover...)

http://feathersfreesiasandfishingtackle.blogspot.com/2011/04/turning-bits-of-paper-art-of-quilling.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...