brideclick 2

Dessert Table: Simple Sweets

Earlier this week, I shared this book-themed pink baby shower with you. Today, I've got a bookish, pink tea party for you. Photog Jen Huang and Nine Cakes baker Betsey teamed up to create this design. Books covered in patterned white paper act as a riser for the cake and for a few mini cupcakes. Simple white cake stands and glass domed pedestals elevate macarons and cupcakes.

This shoot is a great example that you don't have to have perfectly matching dishes or even a lot of variety to create a lovely little display for a small group of friends. Something like this is totally do-able, even if you don't have time to bake. Just swing by a bakery, pick up some cupcakes and macarons, and voila!

images via Style Me Pretty

5 comments:

A Blissful Nest said...

gorgeous!

Rowaida said...

Love it beautiful

Coretta said...

I was immediately drawn to the photo when I saw it on SMP this morning. So beautiful! Thanks for breaking down how doable it is.

Shauna Younge Dessert Tables said...

Thanks, ladies! Coretta, I think it's so easy for people to get overwhelmed by the IDEA of a dessert table, so I always love examples of creative, yet simple ones. I'm glad you liked the post.

Danielle said...

I just love this, the serving ware is beautiful, the desserts look scrummy, and I love the whole thing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...