In honor of the macaron’s French origins, each label features a bold “Merci” as well as the flavor name in French. Six color-coordinated labels boast of the single yummy treat inside: Macaron au Citron (Lemon), Macaron a la Framboise (Raspberry), Macaron a la Vanille (Vanilla), Macaron au Pistache (Pistachio), Macaron au Cafe (Coffee), and Macaron au Chocolat (Chocolate).
As with yesterday's project, these favor bags are very easy to make with the simplest tools (and macarons, of course). Here's what you need:
Glassine favor bags (can be found here)
1. Download the label graphic. Follow the directions in the PDF for printer settings, label folding tips, and cutting advice.
2. Add a finishing touch to the bags and scallop the top with a pair of pinking shears or a rotary cutter.
3. Add macarons and fold down bag opening.
4. Affix the color-coordinated label using double-sided tape.
5. To maintain freshness and avoid food stains on the bag, line it with parchment paper.
6. Voilà! You’re ready to treat your guests to a little taste of Paris.
Be sure to check your local Super Target's bakery section for macarons. I strongly suggest buying the 12-pk. Six just isn't enough. Have a great weekend.