brideclick 2

Reader Design: Woodsy Wedding Dessert Table

Amanda of Buttercup Cake Design contacted me a few weeks ago with a really nice email. Amanda is a Canadian baker who designs dessert tables to showcase at farmer's markets. Yesterday, she contacted me again to share images of one of her recent works and to let me know that she plains to incorporate my Halloween printables into her display this week!

Amanda designed this woodsy Autumnal dessert table for her sister's wedding.
I especially love the wild, but refined look of this cake. Since Amanda knew it would be blazing hot during the August nuptials, she created this styrofoam cake and added a real top tier for the couple to cut.  Amanda cleverly incorporated authentic natural elements into the design to add a rustic feel. Her wood stumps serve as risers and platters. You can also use real bark like I did here and here.
Amanda chronicles her journey in the dessert table design world on her blog Sweet Pursuits. She has a fabulous outlook on celebrating the ups of the business so that the downs are a little less upsetting. One of her most recent celebrations? This dessert table was published by Vancouver's Real Wedding Magazine.

Congrats Amanda, and thanks for submitting your dessert table!

So tell me, what's your favorite element of Amanda's design?

2 comments:

JC's Loft said...

Oh la la I love the mini key lime tarts, too cute!

Amanda said...

Thank you so much for the feature! I love looking at the beautiful tables you feature every day, and so it was great fun to see my own table included! Now, back to this halloween table baking and crafting...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...