brideclick 2

Dessert Meets Design: Nonpareil Magazine Feature

I'm so excited to share the Alice in Wonderland-inspired dessert table I designed for Nonpareil Magazine's fourth issue with you. These lovely images were shot by my friend and fab photog, Tricia Little of Sweet Shibui.

Rather than design a flowery, tea party I chose to interpret Tim Burton's moodier version of the film, with its woodsy, cloudy, overgrown setting. Read more about my interpretation in the article. I also designed some great printables for the issue, so be sure to grab those. 

I hope you enjoy my ode to this classic tale.

Stay tuned. Tomorrow, I'll share some of the pics that didn't make it into the issue.

The entire fourth issue is a tour through various films reinterpreted by wedding industry pros, so be sure to flip through every beautiful page.

9 comments:

Shon said...

Congratulations Shauna, I'm not in the industry, just a person who loves the creative presentation of desserts. I could not wait to see how you would wow all of us. I'm amazed by all your talent. Your dessert buffet is definitely something to marvel at.

A Blissful Nest said...

great job! Beautiful.

Korinne @ Swank Sweets said...

Just beautiful! Love your unique interpretation...very elegant! Is that a miniature version of your table?? Amazing!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful change from the typical tea party table. Shauna, your dessert table is stunning, and a wonderful surprise. Thanks for sharing the DIY project.
Dalia

Daliaicious said...

Shauna, your dessert table is sooooo beautiful and a needed change from the typical Alice in Wonderland tea party. The color palette is really pretty and I love the idea of the keys wrapped around the goodies and my favorite thing is the miniatures, simply adorable. Dalia

OnidaC said...

Love it! Congrats on being published!

Shauna Younge Dessert Tables said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comments, everyone. I'm so happy that you liked my design.

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

This is beautiful! Great design!

Maddycakes Muse said...

This design is absolutely gorgeous and so creative. You have such an amazing talent and I'm so happy for you to be featured in a magazine. How awesome is that!! Please remember the little people when you blow up!!

Michelle
www.maddycakesmuse.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...