brideclick 2

Dessert Meets Design: XOXO Dessert Table for Mpls Photo Center

Yesterday, I shared some behind-the-scenes pics of photog Emily Steffen's workshop. Em asked me to design a dessert table for her students to photograph, and I was happy to do her that favor. She assembled a great team of talented women to pull off an inspirational wedding shoot, including Abby Rutchik of Mpls Photo Center, Melissa Stratton of Sadie's Floral, and Bethany Hway of b*spoke.

We set out to create a modern event using black, white, slate grey, and poppy red for the palette. This is the palette I created to help guide the vision. I also thought it'd be fun to incorporate an "xoxo" theme to tie the entire design together. For this table, I created a monochromatic cake, chocolate whoopie pies, and coconut cupcakes. I also designed xoxo popcorn boxes and candy bar wrappers to coordinate with the invitations and menu cards. Brownie balls, powdered donut holes, and macarons round out the selection.
Want to see the reception tables and the bride and groom? Here are a few shots, but be sure to check out Emily's blog for even more great pics.
This was such a great project, and I'm glad Emily invited me to join in the fun.

Contributors:

venue: The Mpls Photo Center
photography: Emily Steffen Photography
flowers: Melissa Stratton of Sadie's Floral
desserts: Shauna Younge Dessert Tables
styling: Bethany Hway
hair and makeup: Aubrey Thoren of Foiled Again Salon
bride and groom: Kayla & Elliot 
stemware, chargers and linen: Linen Effects

4 comments:

the southern hostess said...

I'm so glad I found your beautiful blog! It's so inspiring!

Rowaida said...

This is so beautiful Shauna! love love! so inspiring and amazing
XO

Shauna Younge Dessert Tables said...

the southern hostess, That's so sweet!

Thank you Rowaida.

Best,

Shauna

Anonymous said...

Incredibly cool styling....love the urban edge.

Eboness
Fleur de Lis Event Design & Catering Co.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...