brideclick 2

Dessert Trend: Flag Toppers

Last week, I shared this DIY cake bunting tutorial that I made with my friend Maddy of Inspired Bride. It's an easy, but wonderful way to dress up a cake. Well, I'm back today with another cake and cupcake topper trend that's just as simple.

I've noticed that flags are popping up on all sorts of goodies, and I must admit that I think they're just charming. Imagine giving someone a homemade (even if it's from Betty Crocker) cake that doesn't require mastering fondant or having impeccable frosting skills. You could even buy an undecorated bakery cake and dress it up with little color coordinated flags.
Which look do you like better? The bunting toppers or these flag toppers? And, really I guess there's a third option of not really liking either. Let me know what you think, and be sure to sign up for email notification because I respond to your comments and questions.

Need a little more sweetness throughout the day? Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.


images via Pinterest

6 comments:

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

Love these too - the flags are the best!

Amy @ Blowout Party! said...

Love the ribbon flag toppers!

Sandi said...

eek! I can't decide...
I think the bunting is a little more appropriate for small children's cakes, flags are for any age

Katie Church said...

I love them both. I used bunting on my daughter's birthday cake but for my son I am doing flags on his cupcakes. He is going to be 5 and I felt the flags were a little more masculine for his theme.

Shauna Younge Dessert Tables said...

thesplurgeorthesteal, be sure to take some pics of those cupcakes. I'd love to see how they turn out.

Best, Shauna

Jeanee said...

Love them all. But I'd pick flag toppers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...