1) Eboness Belin of Fleur de Lis Events design this bash for her daughter Emerald's 3rd birthday.
2) Her daughter's name is Emerald (so cute!)
3) There are a ton of pretty aqua-hued sweets.
4) Did I mention Emerald?
A ruffle cake, star fish cookies, rock candy, and cotton candy? What more could a little girl wish for? I know, salt water taffy and shimmery gum balls. That's what.
Eboness: I used inexpensive crystals to line the edges of all of the mirrors that the cookies were served on. It transformed ordinary, to "phenomenal"!
Eboness has a few tips to share for those of you tackling a DIY dessert table:
- I used lots of clear acrylic risers on the dessert table to add visual interest with varying heights and to make the desserts appear like they were floating underwater.
- Create your own vision of what you'd like your party to look like first and use that as your guide (Pinterest board, photos on a bulletin board, etc). Don't be afraid to be different- your design ideas are yours so explore what "you" envision to come to the final result.
- Start early in planning your party. You'll discover tweaks that need to be made along the way as well as unexpected 'aha' moments that will encourage you to carry on when you are tired, or discouraged.
Eboness created this Sheer Bliss Chiffon Chandelier when she couldn't find a more sophisticated option in stores or online.
from Eboness: [T]his piece was truly a labor of love. Light and floaty, the chiffon circles offer a dreamklike aesthetic, and certainly transport you to a different place. I offer it in my Etsy shop for others going for the same look. It can be used in a nursery, baby shower, or wedding!
more from Eboness: I created the design on Publisher and printed myself on pre-boxed plain wedding invites. The border had a satin/pearl finish which played into the theme quite nicely.
Concept/Event Design: Fleur de Lis Event Design and Catering Co.
Photography: Catie Ronquillo Catie Ronquillo Wood
Sugar Cookies: A Cookie Jar Cupcakes/Cake: Kroger/Mansfield TX
Do you have a dessert table, recipe, or other sweet idea to share? Check out the Submissions page for details.