brideclick 2

Holiday Dessert Table







I came across this Pottery Barn tablescape photo today, and it reminded me of a dessert table I designed for a garden-themed reception. There are similar elements in both. Both tables incorporate greenery. Mine features topiary trees, while Pottery Barn has pine branches. Both utilize tree stumps and pieces as perches. I used them for desserts, PB uses them as landing zones for cardinals. My table features Spring's inhabitants (butterflies, ladybugs, and flower candies), while PB features Winter's inhabitants (birds, deer, and pinecones).

My point? If you have a small table, you can recreate both these scenes using small accessory changes to create an entirely new tablescape that matches the season. For the winter table, use the trees stumps as bases for snowflake gingerbread cookies and a meringue cake. Swap the boxwood topiaries with pinecone topiaries. Small stockings make great favor bags for guests. You can make them from felt, which you can find as inexpensively as $2.50/yd, or buy them for as little as $1 each.

See more images from my garden-themed dessert table here.

Peppermint meringue cake (Bon Appetit), Snowflake cookie (Martha Stewart), Pinecone topiary
(Country Living), Pinecone stocking (Martha Stewart)

1 comment:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I am ever so hungry right now. Both for sweets and for the gorgeousness of these decorations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...