brideclick 2

Guest Desserts: Grandma's Goodies

Tuesday on Twitter and Facebook, I invited you to share pics of your holiday baking projects. I forgot to post the request here on the blog, but I hope you'll join, too.

Lisa of With Style & Grace made and photographed three of her family's treats. Since the desserts have sentimental value for her, I'll let Lisa tell you about each one in her own words.

Every Christmas since I was a kid, my grandma has made her orange chocolate chippers and chocolate toffee saltine cookies, which have become a staple in our family.
Chocolate Toffee Saltine Cookies

Since moving away, I decided to carry on her baking tradition and make big batches of both to enjoy with our friends and neighbors during the holiday season. You really can't beat a grandmother's recipe if you ask me. 

Orange Chocolate Chippers 

For some reason I've always associated biscotti with the holidays and with all the gluten filled treats out there, this has become a favorite holiday alternative of mine. As my list of friends who struggle with being gluten intolerant grows, I've found these make an excellent gift. For packaging, drop a few into a cellophane bag, tie with a beautiful bow and then place in a fun mug, which they can enjoy with their morning coffee or tea.
 
Gluten-free Chocolate Biscotti
Thanks for sharing your desserts and your memories, Lisa! I can totally relate. My granny's variety of holiday desserts have become a highly-anticipated family tradition, too.

Are you baking up sweets for the holidays? Send your yummy pics and a brief description to me at info {at} shaunayounge.com, and I'll share them here!

In case you missed today's 10 Days of Craftsmas post, be sure to check it out here. One Twitter follower mentioned that it would be a good gift to give to your kids' teachers. I completely agree.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...