brideclick 2

Croquembouches

I'm designing a dessert table that features a croquembouche, so I thought I'd share a few inspirational images with you. If you've never seen a croquembouche (pronounced "crow come boosh"), then you're in for a treat. These towers usually feature profiteroles, which are cream-filled puff pastries. They're piled high in a pyramid shape and surrounded by spun sugar or caramel. Each little puff can be removed from the cone and eaten. This dessert is a traditional French wedding cake, but it's also common at baptisms and first communions.
Do you like the idea of a croquembouche for special occasions, or do you prefer traditional cakes and cupcakes?

image 1 & 2: Style Me Pretty, image 3 & 4: Martha Stewart

6 comments:

Rowaida said...

It is a must in our engagement and wedding cocktails. Beautiful post Shauna as always, inspiring. XO

Sabrina M said...

I LOVE the idea of a croquembouche for special occasions. It's a stunning look! I am trying to decide between this and a macaroon tree for my daughter's christening.

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

A croquembouche is not only gorgeous to look at, it's practical, too. Since it makes for easy individual serving, there's no tricky cake slicing to worry about!

Jen said...

The Martha Stewart picture on the bottom right shows a nice compromise between croquembouche and cake. That's the one I would choose!

Shauna Younge Dessert Tables said...

Sabrina M, I've seen some events that had a small one of each. Keeping them smaller also makes it much more manageable during transport.

Jen, you're absolutely right! I've seen several croquembouches that had a cake for the base. I've even seen one with a Hello Kitty theme.

La Dinette said...

I LOVE croque-en-bouche! I'm a french gyal so you'll find in normal, but this was so out of fashion here since the last 10 past year, and it makes it come back! I love that retro touch, when my grand mothere married it was a wedding cake, as well for my aunties! Can't wait to see the result of yours!!

Eloïse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...